Adding badges, achievements, and other credentials to your own website is a great way to build online trust and credibility with prospective clients! Today, we’re going to show you how easy it is to embed your EventSource badges onto your website or blog. Please note: this tutorial assumes a working knowledge of HTML design/management.
Here are some step-by-step tips on how to add your badges onto your website. Let’s dive in!
Step 1: Locate and Copy your Badge Code
- Begin by logging in to your vendor dashboard and navigate to the “badges” section
- Select your desired badge
- Copy the desired badge code to your clipboard
Great! You’ve successfully copied your code. Now all we need to do is copy it to your website.
Step 2: Paste your Badge Code to your Website
If your website uses WordPress:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard (most likely http://www.yoursite.name/wp-admin)
- Go to the Post or Page section and find the post or page to edit
- For Classic Editor go to the Text Tab to access the source code. Note: if you’re using the Gutenberg theme, navigate to the block where you want to paste the Badge Code and choose Edit as HTML
- Simply paste the badge code there
Here’s how your badge should appear on your website or blog post:
If your website uses a different CMS platform:
If your website uses a third party CMS (content management system) such as Drupal, Wix, Zendesk, Medium, etc., open the HTML source code for that page.
The general steps are:
- Login to your CMS backend
- Find the post/page/article to edit
- Find an icon that looks like or other similar action element to access the source code
- Paste the badge code where you want to paste the Badge Code.
Voila! You’re done and can now officially boast all the fruits of your labour. Still need a hand? Feel free to contact any EventSource team member.