A special event such as a wedding, a holiday party or even a business meeting being held out of town often require specific transportation for those attending. In most cases, a limousine is considered the go-to choice. For those in the midst of planning, you’ll quickly find that there are several companies throughout the GTA (or any area for that matter) that offer limousine services for your special event. But, how will you know which company is right for you? Before choosing a limousine company, you’ll want to consider the following:
1. Know Your Budget and Needs
One of the first considerations to make when booking a limo for any special event is your budget. How much money have you allotted for this service? In many cases, more than one limo may need to be rented, and this is all going to affect the cost. Be certain to consider the following when finalizing numbers:
- The overall price you are willing to spend for the limo(s)
- Remember that many limo drivers expect a gratuity for their service
- Services may charge extra for long distances
2. Be Sure to Do Your Research
It may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t conduct sufficient research on the companies they hire for their special event. Research is the only way that you can be certain that the company you end up hiring is reputable and going to perform the services as promised. Check out each company’s website, read those online reviews, and even ask around locally to those who may have used the company before. The more research you do, the better you are going to feel about your decision.
3. Do the Leg Work: Check the Fleet
Be sure that you check out the limos in person. This way, you know for sure what you are getting when you book them for your special event. There are several things that you’ll want to check:
- Look inside the limo to see how it is… Is it clean? Will the size accommodate your needs?
- Meet the owner of the company along with the drivers. Do you feel comfortable with them? If you do, you will find that you are going to be comfortable with booking them.
- Double check their insurance policy! You’ll want to ensure that the limo company you hire is fully licensed to drive in your location, and that they are protected if an accident were to happen.
4. Remember: Experience is Important!
How many years has the company been in business? Those companies who have been established for several years are ready, willing and able to work for you, and most likely have the experience to deal with any last minute emergencies and changes. That’s not to say newbies can’t be equally helpful – just make sure you ask each company what back-up plans and contingencies they have so that you’re not caught without transportation for all your attendees the day of your event!
Your special event is one that you want to go off without a hitch! Ensuring that you have chosen the right limo for transportation is one of the best ways to ensure you are happy with the end results of your event.